Saturday, July 10, 2010

Boredom: Letters to a Distant Mother

Hello Mother,

How are you today? I am fine, and Father? Well, I guess I should be visiting soon. I will buy my ticket and let you know when I will arrive. Please let me know whether or not you can pick me up so I can make proper arrangements. Have you heard from my brother? I have not talked to him in months. The last I heard from him was in a postcard he sent from Amsterdam. His backpacking across Europe phase is in full effect. I can only hope he has some educational benefit from this. After all, he is behind in his units. Does he still go to the University? I know he was hesitant in applying, but your bribe was enough to go against his wishes. My job is going well; the pay is enough for me to have some extra money to put away in an account. You must be wondering if I have met someone special and I cannot stress it enough that at this point in my life, I am not looking for a significant other. I hope you can understand this. I am, after all, looking out for my well being.

See You Soon,
Your Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment